Relationship of some of the members of the family
- Aunt: An aunt is your father or mother’s sister.
- Uncle: An uncle is your father or mother’s brother.
- Grandfather: A grandfather is your father or your mother’s father.
- Grandmother: A grandmother is your father or your mother’s mother.
- Cousin: A cousin is the son or daughter of your aunty or uncle.
- Nephew: The son of your sister or brother.
- Niece: The daughter of your sister or brother.
- Ward: A ward is a person your parents are responsible for. It could be the daughter or son of one of your parent’s friends. Usually a ward is also a minor, which is someone who is not yet 18 years old.
Benefits/merits of family relationship
We gain a lot by being a member of the family. Members help one another in so many ways:
- Promotes unity among members of the family.
- Offering protection and guidance to one another.
- Help and support for one another.
- Provision of food and shelter
- Helping in time of need.
- Look after the children of other members.
- Offering advice to one another.
Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription