Back to: Social Studies Primary 4
Prevention of drug abuse
There are ways we can prevent drug abuse. Some of these ways are:
- Know the dangers of drug abuse, that is, to be aware of inherent dangers of drug abuse.
- Avoid bad friend because peer pressure has always been responsible for drug abuse.
- Seek advice of parents, teachers, doctors, nurse, and pharmacist before drugs are used.
- Avoid buying medicines in the buses or open stores, because drugs from buses or open stores are usually fake, expired or adulterated.
- Avoid self-medication that is, taking drugs without prescription by doctors or pharmacist
- Do not take medicine by yourself. Let your parents, teachers or a trusted adult give you the drug to use.
- Take only those drugs you are asked to take. Do not take those that you are not given. Doctors know better. They know what you need and that is what you have been given.
- Do not take an overdose of drugs. Take what the doctor has advised you to take.
- Keep drugs out of the reach of children.
- Ask questions about drugs you are not familiar with from your parents, teachers, doctors, or nurses. If you are in doubt of any drugs, ask any of these people who will explain them to you.
How to resist temptation of drug peddling
- Exercise discipline especially when you know how bad drugs are.
- Obeying your religion
- Not succumbing to curiosity about drugs
- Setting goals and objective for your life working to achieve these goals.
- Thinking critically about a choice before making it.
- Read about other people’s life experience.
- Healthy lifestyle
- Building a strong identity.
Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!