Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Civic Education class, We will be discussing Contentment. We hope you enjoy the class!
MEANING OF CONTENTMENT
Contentment is a state of self-satisfaction with what one has or possesses. It is a state of being happy and satisfied with what you have now while hoping and working toward a better future
Attributes of Contentment
- Satisfaction: A contented person is always satisfied with whatever he possesses. He does not allow what other people have to push him to act abnormally to get more riches, wealth or possessions.
- Justice and Fairness: Contentment produces Justice and fairness. This is possible because the people are not interested in cheating other people to amass wealth for themselves by being unfair.
- Tolerance: Contentment makes an individual tolerate the other person who is better than him. He does not fight or insult the personality of his friends and neighbours who seem richer or more educated than him
- Hard work: Contentment propels a man to work hard so that his life can be better because he cannot cheat or use dubious means to accumulate wealth.
- Absence of Envy and Jealousy: A major attribute of contentment is the absence of envy. A contented person never envies those who have got wealth or riches in dubious ways. He believes that with patience and hard work he will surely progress in life. He is never sad because others are better than him or ahead of him in any way.
- Hatred for Greed: Contentment makes a man or woman dislike greed. It makes a man shun a grab-it-all tendency in whatever he does. He does not frustrate or push others down so that everything can be for him.
- Hatred for Corruption: A contented person does not engage in corrupt practices such as bribery, embezzlement of funds, misappropriation of government money etc. He cannot be lured into sharp practices to get rich fast. He prefers making money or progress in a clean, decent and godly way.
- Humility: A contented person is always humble. He does not brag or raise his shoulders. He does not show off so that everyone would know he has arrived.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about the Effects of Lack of Contentment. We are very much eager to meet you there.
LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃