Welcome to JSS3!
We are eager to have you join us in class!!
In today’s class, We will be discussing Advertising / Media Jingles. We hope you enjoy the class!
Advertising is the process of creating awareness among the members of the public about a particular product. It ensures that customers are aware of the existence and availability of a particular product and they are persuaded to buy it. Advertising can take various forms.
VARIOUS FORMS OF ADVERTISING
- INFORMATIVE ADVERTISING
This kind is aimed at spreading information that will let consumers know which goods and services are available.
2. PERSUASIVE ADVERTISING
This is a type of advertising which tries to persuade customers to buy a particular brand of product as being different from other brands.
3. COMPETITIVE ADVERTISING
This is a type of advertising which is aimed at persuading customers to buy one brand of a product in preference to another brand by another producer.
This is a type of advertising in which manufacturers of similar products or the same commodity come together to jointly advertise their products to the consuming public.
IMPORTANCE/ROLE OF ADVERTISING
1. To introduce a new product – It creates awareness about the availability of a product.
2 It enlightens members of the public on the usefulness of a product
3 It creates awareness about the quality of a product.
4 It helps consumers to compare the prices of competing products.
5 It helps to increase sales.
6 Advertising helps in introducing a new product to the market.
7 It helps in publishing brand names.
8 It helps boost a product’s share of the market.
9 It enhances the public image of an organization
10 It is a gentle way of reminding consumers about a product.
- Define advertising.
- List five roles of advertising
Business Studies for JSS3 by O. A. Lawal, pages 34 – 41
GENERAL SELF EVALUATION QUESTIONS
- What are aids to trade?
- List the aids to trade that you know
- Give another name for aids to trade
- What is production?
- Give the factors of production with their respective rewards.
1. Which of the following is not an aid to trade?
a. Transportation b. Communication c. Advertising d. Commerce
2. ___ is a type of advertising.
a. Information b. Informative c. Marketing d. Competition.
3. Advertising___ demand for the advertised product. a. discourages b. reduces c. stimulates d. hinders.
4. The form of advertising that involves producers of similar products coming together to advertise their products is known as ___ advertising
a. competitive b. generic c. persuasive d. indirect.
5. The cost of advertising a product is borne by _____
a. marketers b. advertiser c. consumers d. producers.
1 What is advertising?
2 List five roles of advertising
3 State five means of advertising
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Transportation. We are eager to meet you there.For more class notes, homework help, exam practice, download our App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE