Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Business Studies class, We will be discussing Communication. We hope you enjoy the class!
Communication can simply be defined as the exchange of information, news, ideas, opinions, etc. It can be oral or written.
IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNICATION
- The world is now one huge market place as a result of the ease in communication.
- By means of communication, the manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and consumers can maintain constant contact
- It is now possible for a business to obtain accurate market information without the need to travel.
- Communication encourages the free flow of goods from the point of manufacture to the point of need.
- Communication aids the quick settlement of foreign debts by means of telegraphic money order, etc.
- Communication provides useful means of controlling and directing aircraft in the air.
- While in the middle of the ocean, communication helps to direct and control ocean-going vessels.
TYPES OF COMMUNICATION
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Non-verbal communication, etc.
- Define advertising.
- List five roles of advertising
Business Studies for JSS3 by O. A. Lawal, pages 50 to 51
- What is insurance?
- Mention the types of insurance.
- Give five principles of insurance.
- State four importance of insurance.
- Explain subrogation as a principle of insurance.
- Which of the following is not a source of receiving information in an office A. Drums B. Internet C. Letters D. Telephones.
- Metal gong is an example of ____ A. indirect B. modern C. traditional D. written.
- Which of the following is NOT a GSM service provider in Nigeria? A. Airtel B. Nokia C. Globacom D. MTN
- The following are auxiliaries to trade EXCEPT A. advertising B. insurance C. communication D. accounting.
- Signs are also a form of ————— A. communication B. interviewing C. celebrating D.none of the above.
- What is communication?
- Mention four importance of communication.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will continue our discussion on Communication. We are very much eager to meet you there.
For more class notes, videos, homework help etc download our Mobile App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community HERE for exclusive content and support