Welcome back to class
Meaning of Co-operation
Cooperation simply means working together to the same end. Cooperation is the process of group of individuals working together for the purpose of achieving a common goal. Cooperation is the means whereby people combine resources together for the purpose of achieving a common interest. Cooperation is the process of working or acting together with willingness to help out to achieve a common goal.
Cooperation is the act of doing things together. It also means working together to achieve a goal. Another name for cooperation is togetherness. It also refers to the willingness of people to work together as a team in order to achieve set goals and objectives.
For cooperation to take place there must be love, mutual understanding, and commitment. Human beings need one another to succeed; make life worth living and enable one another to realise their dreams.
Attributes of Cooperation
The following are the various attributes of cooperation
- Common goal: In cooperation, there must be a common goal to achieve, if there is no common goal then there won’t be any reason for cooperation. Common goal in the sense of having a common interest.
- Sharing: It is the ability to share or give. In cooperation, individuals must be willing to share ideas or opportunities together for the same purpose of achieving a common interest. In sharing people are able to give and take information or materials freely without anyone holding anything back.
- Determination: this means that all members of the group must be focus and be determined to achieve the set goal.
- Dedication: Every member of the group has to dedicate their time and energy to ensure that the set goals are achieved.
- Friendship: Is being able to maintain a good relationship with others. It is a mutual attachment between people, which results from a mutual feeling of affection. It is also a warm and intimate relationship with someone you like and trust.
- Caring: This means being attentive, thoughtful, protective and taking responsibility. When an individual cares for his community, he works for the betterment of that community.
- Ability to keep secrets: The ability to keep secrets is important as people who can mutually keep one another’s secrets can confide in one another and work together to reach a common goal.
- The ability to support others: Being able to support people during good and bad times promotes not only friendship but also good cooperation.
Factors That Promote Cooperation
The following are the factors that promote cooperation within an organization or the society:
- Understanding: This is the ability to reason with other people as well as share their thoughts, views, feelings and values. It generally involves showing respect for people and their diverse opinions.
- Empathy: This is to consider ourselves as being in another person’s position and then try to imagine what problems they are going through. We tend to draw closer and relate to people who share our feelings.
- Sharing a common goal: A goal could be called one’s effort, ambition, desire and drive. If individuals and societies share the same goals, it will be easy for them to co-operate with one another and achieve what they desire easily.
- Common needs/wants: When people discover that they have common needs or wants, they will work together to achieve that which they dearly desire.
- Maturity: Co-operation, to a large extent requires the maturity and discipline of both parties. One party wants to be assured that the other party will keep to the term of the agreement.
- Open mindedness
- Good communication.
- Individual contributions.
- Equality and Justice
Benefits of Cooperation
A lot of things can be achieved when people work together to achieve a common purpose that will be beneficial to all. Some of the gains of co-operation include the following:
- Harmony: People who are in co-operation with one another will be able to live or work together or work together in harmony without fighting or disagreeing with each other.
- Progress: When people co-operate with one another, they will be able to make and maintain significant progress in their endeavours.
- Goal attainment: Co-operation will make it possible for people of a particular community or society to set a common goal or target. They will also find it easy to achieving the goals as they will pool their resources to get things done within a short time.
- Peace and tranquility: People who co-operate with one another will always live a calm and quiet life that is devoid of disorder or war.
- It leads to increase in knowledge.
- It brings increased financial rewards or gains.
- It increases an avenue for networking.
- It guarantees success.
- It brings fulfillment as a result of success.
- It promotes friendship, unity and familiarity.
- It simplifies tasks.
- It promotes a sense of belonging.
- Goal achievement
- Social development
- Team work
- Cooperation makes set goals achievable.
- Cooperation creates room for development
- Cooperation encourages team work i.e ability to work with others.
- Cooperation encourages self-development.
- Cooperation creates stability
- Cooperation creates room for peace and harmony in the society.
- What is Cooperation?
- List three attributes of cooperation.
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE