welcome back to class
Importance of Government Programmes
The importance or benefit of government programmes to Nigerians is great.
This is because government exists for the purpose of ensuring peace, progress and happiness of the people. Government programmes, therefore, are to ensure that every citizen is enabled to fulfil their private goals in society.
The benefits of the UBE to Nigerians are great, and include the following:
- The programme gives free education to all Nigerians of school age.
- The programme makes education at this level compulsory.
- It seeks to wipe out illiteracy.
- The programme gives equal opportunity to both male and female children.
- It does not recognise status.
- The UBE programme will bring about change in society.
- Beneficiaries will become fulfilled.
- Nigerians will be empowered.
The National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy, is important in the following ways.
- Value re-orientation
- Poverty eradication
- Job creation
- Wealth creation/generation
- Empowering Nigerians through education
Due process as a policy
The following are among the advantages or benefits of the due process programme to Nigerians:
- Rules and regulations will be followed in the conduct of government business or work.
- Corruption will be discouraged when laid down rules and regulations are followed and preferential treatment is ignored.
- There will be fairness and equity.
- The goals of government will be achieved.
- Time will be saved. Delay will be eliminated in the conduct of business at all levels of government.
- What do you understand by the term government policies or programmes?
- List three government policies or programmes you know.
- Mention two importance of each policies or programmes stated above.
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE