welcome back to class
Meaning of Nationalisation
Nationalisation is the action or steps taken to be a member or citizen of a nation.
Reasons Foreigners Are in Our Midst
We may leave our country and go and live in another country for the following reasons:
- Economic reasons
- Intelligence purpose
Process of Becoming a Nigerian Citizen
To become a citizen by naturalization, a non-Nigerian makes an official application to the president of the President of Nigeria for certificate of naturalization. Any person who wishes to become a citizen of Nigeria by naturalization must:
- be above 18 years and of good character;
- have spent at least 15 years in Nigeria before such application is made.
- show a clear intention to continue to reside in Nigeria until death.
- take an oath of allegiance as prescribed in the constitution of Nigeria.
- declare that he/she now wishes to be identified only as a Nigerian.
Qualifications For Citizenship
These are qualifications or conditions an individual has to satisfy before he could become a citizen of another country.
However, these conditions are not the same in countries. Here are some of the qualifications.
- Statutory age
- Good character
- Residence (duration and acceptability
- Making contributions towards the progress of the country
- The willingness to live and stay
- Define the term Nationalisation.
- State three reasons we have foreigners in our midst
- Explain two process of becoming a citizen of a country.
For more class notes, videos, homework help etc download our Mobile App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community HERE for exclusive content and support