Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about drama creation and playwright. Enjoy the class!
DRAMA CREATION AND PLAYWRIGHT
There are several techniques in the writing of drama. They include:
- script or written guide of something that will be performed (scripted or unscripted).
- Split focus.
- Still image.
- Exaggerated movement.
- Flash forward.
- Thought tracking.
- Hot seating.
A playwright, also known as a dramatist, is someone who writes (builds) theatrical, tv or radio plays. The word ‘playwright’ was borne out of the exceptional and amazing skill of the playwright to build characters in a play, vastly plotted in harmony to a create a sequence of activities for the entertainment of the audience.
Types of playwright
- Live theatre playwright
- Screen playwright
Importance of playwright
- Playwrights are the brain behind the entertainment scene on television and big screens.
- Playwrights keep fresh and vibrant the entertainment and film making industry by writing intriguing stories that have never been told before.
- Reproduction of already told stories of older classical plays is also given life through the mind of the playwright.
- Playwrights use their medium to entertain, pass a message, educate, document history, challenge or correct the ills found in the society.
In our next class, we will be talking more about Making of Models with Papier Mache and Papier Folding. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Everybody SCREAM💃 ClassNotes evolving to Afrilearn! Get ready for a world-class learning experience🎊