Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about the introduction to cultural and creative arts. Enjoy the class!
Introduction to Cultural and Creative Arts
Cultural and creative arts can be defined as an outlet of practical, imaginative and creative expression that is usually influenced by culture, and in turn, helps to change the culture. It is an interdisciplinary subject that encompasses the performing, fine and applied arts, decorative arts, architecture, film, drama, photography, literature, animation, festival and cinematography. Creativity is sometimes used to describe the common body binding elements in arts and culture.
Classification of cultural and creative arts
cultural and creative arts can be classified into
- non-visual arts.
Purposes of cultural and creative arts
Cultural and creative art has a non-functional and functional purpose.
Non – functional purposes:
The non- functional purposes of cultural and creative arts are those borne out of the fact that we are human. This means that creativity is inherent in us and through the basic instinct and appreciation of space, balance, harmony and rhythm, we can create art for entertainment and beautification. This is called “art for art’s sake”.
- Interpretation of the mysterious: Arts provides a platform for one to explore self to a point of marvellous exposition and interpretation.
- Imaginative expression: Cultural and creative arts provides a means to express the imaginative in ways that are not tied to the formality of spoken or written words e.g. emotions, expression, body language e.t.c.
- Symbolic and Ritualistic Purposes: Cultural and creative arts in many cultures collaborate in the effective execution of the ritual ceremonies.
- Communication: There are arts overriding capacity as a tool of communication.
- Entertainment purposes: The ability to bring to life a particular emotion or mood for relaxing or entertaining the viewer.
- Social causes/ purposes: A variety of issues or topics can gain awareness through the use of media, whether social media, print media or electrical media.
- Social inquiry purposes: through the use of cultural and creative arts, answers are being sought from a different aspect of society through directed media without any special political goal.
Importance and Uses of Cultural and Creative Arts
- Creative art is used to engage children through multi-sensory learning.
- Musical activities stimulate development in the brain.
- Creative is used for decoration.
- Music is used for social gathering.
- Creative arts and music help children to love learning and school.
- Music is used for relaxation and entertainment.
- Applied arts are used to develop communication/ advertising.
- Drama is used to document history.
- Creative arts and music are used for cultural activities and festival.
- Literary arts are used to educate, document history and relax.
- Production and covering our homes and office furniture.
- It’s a major form of job creation/self-employment.
- Used for development of news and news materials.
- Drama interprets and expresses emotions beyond spoken words
In our next class, we will be talking more about the Origin and History of Cultural and Creative Arts. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Everybody SCREAM💃 ClassNotes evolving to Afrilearn! Get ready for a world-class learning experience🎊