Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Christain Religious Studies class, We will be learning about Gehazi’s Greed. We hope you enjoy the class!
Gehazi the servant of Elisha destroyed his life as a result of greed. Namaan was a commander of the army of Syria. through recommendation went to Elijah the prophet to be cured of his leprosy when he got to the Gate of Elijah, Elijah sends his servant to inform Namaan to go to River Jordan and dip himself seven times and he will be made well. Norman felt that Elijah should have come out and given him personal attention which made him annoyed and he, however, decided to go back when he was persuaded by his servant to obey the instruction of the prophet. He obeyed and dip himself in river Jordan seven times, his body was restored back like the flesh of a little baby. He was full of appreciation and praises to God of Israel, therefore, he came back to Elisha to offer him some gift but Elisha refused the gift from Namaan. it was at this juncture that the devil minister to Gehazi who set himself, “Look, my master did not accept what this Syrian Naaman offered him. As certainly as the Lord lives, I will run after him and accept something from him.”
Gehazi decided to run after Naaman when he got to Naaman, he told lies claiming that his master sent him to collect some gifts because he had some visitors. Namaan gave him two talents of silver in two bags and two change of garments, he took the gifts and went away. But when Elisha asked him where he was coming from he simply answered that he never went anywhere. Elisha replied, “did not I go with you in the spirit when the man turned to meet you, This is not the proper time to accept silver or to accept clothes, olive groves, vineyards, sheep, cattle, and male and female servants. 5:27 Therefore Naaman’s skin disease will afflict you and your descendants forever!”
The Bible records that he went away from his master, a leper as white as snow.
Lesson to learn
- Elisha being a man of God may have known the evil consequences of collecting such gifts from Norman so he decided to avoid it but his servant, Gehazi was not aware of this he was only moved by greed and did not think twice on the possible reasons his master refused the gifts. He was driven by personal gains. the consequence was the total destruction of his life and destiny. Many young men and women in this category those who deal in hard drugs are only after millions they will make without thinking of its consequences if they are caught.
- When Gehazi was asked where he went he lied, this showed that he probably must have been a very dishonest servant in the past with some shoddy practices. Dishonesty is one of the characteristics of a greedy person. from this it can be seen that evil consequences of dishonesty and greed may come and maybe so destructive that the person involved may not have a second chance. This showed that we should avoid taking bribes in order to live a happy and successful life.
- Naaman became convinced that the God of Israel was the true god.
- He learnt that prophets in Israel had the power to perform healing and miracles.
- I learnt that God forgives sin.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be learning about Naaman’s Healing and the Lesson He Learnt. We are very much eager to meet you there.
LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃