Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Computer Science class, We will be discussing the Digital Divide. We hope you enjoy the class!
TOPIC: DIGITAL DIVIDE I.
Digital Divide is used to describe the division of the world into two different groups. i.e. those that have access to the internet and those who do not have access to the internet. In other words, it is the unequal access by some members of society to information and communication technology. The term global digital divide refers to differences in technology development and access between countries or continents.
In the technology revolution, Digital divide is basically the disparity between those that have access to technology tools and those who don’t.
THOSE THAT HAVE ACCESS
- Educated people.
- People living in urban areas or cities.
- More industrially developed countries.
- People with high income.
- People with good skills, knowledge and ability to use the internet.
THOSE THAT DO NOT HAVE ACCESS
- Uneducated people
- People living in rural areas or villages.
- Less industrially developed countries.
- People with low income
- People that lack skill, knowledge and ability to use the internet.
FACTORS AFFECTING DIGITAL DIVIDE
The major factors affecting the digital divide are listed below:
- Economy factor
- Geographical factor
- Fear of technology
- Social factor
- Lack of motivation
- What is the Digital Divide?
- List the factor affecting the digital divide.
- What do you understand by the term “Digital Divide”?
- Mention TWO groups of people who have access to digital technology and those who do not.
- Explain the economic factors affecting the Digital Divide.
- How does lack of motivation affect the digital divide?
A handbook on computer studies page 1
- ………………. is a term that describes the disparity between users and non-users of information technologies. A. Digit divide B. Literacy C. Digital divide D. None.
- Which of these options describes the digital divide? A. combination of those that use ICT and that who do not B. educated and uneducated computer operator C. gap between computer literate and computer illiterate. D. all
- Low-income earners do not benefit from the digital divide because A. they are illiterate B. high cost of technology devices. C. they are not interested in ICT D. none
- Which of these factors describe the hindrance of the network because of forest? A. society factor B. geographical factor C. economic factor D lack of Motivation.
- One of the following is not a factor affecting digital divide. ? A. eagerness factor B. geographical factor C. economic factor D lack of motivation.
- What is the digital divide?
- Mention two features of the old economy.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will continue our lecture on Digital Divide. We are very much eager to meet you there.
LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃