Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Computer Science class, We will continue our lesson on Digital Literacy. We hope you enjoy the class!
USES OF DIGITAL LITERACY
- In Education: digital literacy is more than having the knowledge of how to use a computer, what your software program does or the function of the hardware but also about using that knowledge to actually facilitate the learning process. Educators are often required to be certified in digital literacy to teach certain software, and more prevalently to prevent plagiarism among students.
- In Society: it helps to communicate and keep up with societal trends. Literacy in social network services and web sites help people stay in contact with others, pass timely information and even sell goods and services.
- In Workforce: those who are digitally literate are more likely to be economically secure. Many jobs require a working knowledge of computers and the internet to perform basic functions.
- Digital composition: is a new type of composition that focuses on technology’s impact on the writing environment. The goal of digital composition is that it increases the ability to produce a relevant, high-quality product instead of just paperwork.
- Social Media: Digital literacy allows digital literates to have major voices online through different social media platforms.
- Explain digital composition.
- What do you understand by digital literacy?
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL LITERACY
- It has led to great increases in the information that can be quickly accessed.
- Digital competence helps the citizenry find new opportunities for a better life.
- It saves time and money by paying bills, applying for jobs and all online transactions.
- Digitally literate computer owners are far more likely to incorporate the internet into their daily lives.
- List THREE uses of digital literacy.
- Differentiate between digital literacy and computer literacy.
- What is digital composition?
- How does digital literacy affect social media?
READING ASSIGNMENT: A HANDBOOK ON COMPUTER STUDIES PAGE 8
- Which of the options increases the ability to produce a relevant, high-quality product instead of just paperwork? A. Social media B. Digital divide C. digital composition D. All
- …………….. helps people to communicate and keep up with societal trends. A. Social media B. Digital literacy C. digital composition D. All
- Digital literacy allows people to improve……….A. get job B. their knowledge C. friendship relationship. D. none
- …………..helps to increase information acquisition. A. Social media B. Digital divide C. Digital literacy D. All
- One’s ability to understand, organize, locate, analyze, and evaluate information by using digital forms of technology is. A. digital divide B. digital literacy C. digital skills D. None
- List and explain TWO uses of digital literacy.
- Mention TWO benefits of digital literacy.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Database. We are very much eager to meet you there.
Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃