Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about caring and maintenance of crop and animal farm tools. Enjoy the class!
Caring and maintenance of crop and animal farm tools
In the past few weeks, we have been learning about different crop and animal farm tools. We were able to describe some of the tools and also stated their uses. In this lesson, we will be learning about how to care and maintain these tools. When tools and equipment are not properly cared for, they will malfunction and eventually go bad.
Below are some ways of caring and maintaining your farm tools
- Clean the tools after use by washing and drying them under the sun or in a cool place
- Use the tools for the purpose for which they are made
- Store tools cleaned, in a safe and dry place after use.
- Sharpen the tools in a termite-free area
- Repair all broken or damaged parts.
- Oil and grease the tools.
- Keep baskets away from fire and termites.
- Keep bags dry to avoid tearing and decay.
- Do not overload wheelbarrows to prevent tyre burst.
- Paint the water tank to prevent rust.
- Keep plastic water tanks under the shade to avoid cracking.
- Replace the wooden handle of any tool when damaged.
- Rub metal parts of tools with oil or vaseline to prevent rust.
- Ensure that the blade of hoes, axe or spade is firmly fixed to the wooden handle before use, to prevent slipping off and causing injury
- Keep records of the movement of farm tools
- Do not store head pans and watering cans facing up, place them upside down after use to ensure proper drying.
- Give two reasons why we need to care for and maintain our farm tools
- Mention four ways to care for farm tools.
- Write three ways of maintaining farm tools that are metals.
- What do we do to farm tools to prevent rusting?
- Make a well-labelled diagram of an axe and a watering can.
In our next class, we will be talking about Control Measures. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃