Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about the major uses of animal farm tools. Enjoy the class!
Uses of animal farm tools
In previous classes, we learnt that in rearing livestock i.e. animal husbandry, certain tools are used. Both locally and on a large scale. In today’s lesson, we will focus on the uses of some of those tools.
Major uses of animal farm tools
- Drinking trough: Holds water or drugs for animals.
- Feeding trough: Holds feeds (foods) or drugs for animals
- Fishing net: It is used for catching and collecting fish from the river
- Battery cage: for keeping poultry (birds) –
- Hook and line: This is used for catching fish in rivers and streams. The difference between this and fishing net is that with fishing nets more fish is caught hence it can be used for commercial purposes.
- Fish tanks: this is a place where fish is kept and fed until they are old enough to be sold.
- Pen: this is the house where animals like pigs, goats etc are kept when they are reared.
Match the tool with their right uses
|1||Pen||Where animals drink from|
|2||Feeding trough||Houses poultry|
|3||Drinking trough||Where animals are kept while being reared|
|4||Battery cage||Where animals live|
In our next class, we will be talking about Cleaning and Maintenance of Crops and Animals Farm Tools. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃