Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about the major uses of crop farm tools. Enjoy the class!
Major uses of crop farm tools
All farm tools have specific functions or use to the farmer. Let’s look at a few of them.
- Cutlass is used for Clearing weeds, cutting unwanted Branches, planting grains and tubers.
- A sickle is an instrument used for harvesting grains like rice and sorghums
- Hoe is for Weeding and making heaps, ridges harvesting tubers etc
- Axe is used for felling of trees, cutting logs uprooting Stumps and splitting firewood.
- The spade is used for digging holes for planting crops, especially permanent tree crops, and for digging trenches.
- The hand fork is used for softening the soil to ease removal of weeds.
- The hand trowel is used for digging up seedlings with balls of earth.
- The digging fork is used for softening the soil for easy digging.
- Shovels are hand tools used for digging or moving soil manually.
- Garden sprayers are containers with a hand pump to pressurize them for spraying insecticides and herbicides on gardens.
- The pickaxe: The pointed end is used both for breaking and prying, the axe for hoeing, skimming, and chopping through roots.
- Mention five farm tools and their uses.
Give three examples each of the following groups of farm tools
|S/N||Cutting tools||Digging tools||Watering tools|
In our next class, we will be talking about the Description of Animal Farm Tools. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃