Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Home Economics class, We will continue learning about Consumer Rights and Challenges. We hope you enjoy the class!
Consumers should be knowledgeable about what they are going to buy before consumption any act of misbranded goods should be uncovered. Goods or food items that have been altered should be discarded.
The consumer should be mindful that they should get quality for what they are paying for.
Government Agencies for Seeking Redress
Government agencies that monitor whatever goods that are produced for the use of consumers are:
- Standard organization of Nigeria (SON): They see and confirm the quality of goods and food items.
- Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC): The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) is the apex consumer protection agency in Nigeria. The Commission was established by the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission Act (FCCPCA) (Cap. 25, Laws of The Federation 2004). The overall mandate of the Commission is to protect consumers by taking both preventive and remedial measures.
- Food inspection officer: They inspect final production, hygienic handling of food items and destroy or seize food items not suitable for consumption.
Procedure for seeking redress
- Report any act of poor food items to the nearest organization
- Destroy any purchased bad or spoilt food item
- Always buy food items from clean and hygienic environs.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
We have come to the end of this term and hence JSS3. It’s been a remarkable journey and we are glad that you have made it this far. For making it this far, we commend you for being resilient, you have taken charge of your education and future.
We wish you success in your Junior WAEC exams and we hope to see you in SS1.
Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription