Welcome to JSS3 Third Term!
We are eager to have you join us in class!!
In today’s class, We will be discussing Family Living and Resource Management. In particular, we will be focusing on Pregnancy and Ante Natal. We hope you enjoy the class!
TOPIC: FAMILY LIVING AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
SUB-TOPIC: PREGNANCY AND ANTENATAL
Pregnancy is the result of the fertilization of the female egg by the sperm. Each ovary produces ovum every month. This process is called ovulation. If there’s sexual intercourse between a man and a woman at the period when the ovum is produced, the sperm will fertilize. The result is Pregnancy. If there’s no sexual intercourse, the released ovum will die and after a day or two, menstruation starts.
Signs of Pregnancy
- Menstruation stops
- Breast becomes full and tender as nipples hardens
- Vomiting especially in the morning
- Frequent urination
This is the care required by a pregnant woman before the birth of her child. These include;
- Regular visits to an antenatal clinic to carry out Urine test, blood test, blood pressure, abdominal examination
- Visit to learn about child care and how to care for herself alike. Good nutrition, proper clothing (put on loose comfortable clothes)
- Good personal hygiene; take bath regularly
- Avoidance of strenuous work eg lifting heavy load etc
- Regular mild exercise through rest.
A layette is the complete set of clothes required for a newborn baby. This should be provided before the baby’s arrival
Suggested Layette For Babies Include:
- Vest and undershirt
- Dresses and suits
- Pairs of stockings and bottles
- Mosquito nets etc.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Child Development and Care. We are eager to meet you there.For more class notes, homework help, exam practice, download our App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE