Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Home Economics class, We will be learning about Food Management and Responsible Food Handling. We hope you enjoy the class!
Food management a wide process that involves the proper supervision of food selection, preparation, presentation and preservation. A food safety manager is a person that handles food in such a way that the food is prepared, cooked and served u serious hygienic condition.
Responsibilities Of A Good Food Safety Manager To Consumers Include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the food prepared under his or her management is safe for consumption
- Must be knowledgeable about cleanliness standards to be followed
- He or she must work all the necessary steps in food handling
- They are the last line of defence before the food reaches the consumer
Hygienic Food Management Strategies
- Clean and safe water supply
- Protection of food from biological and chemical contaminants
- Adequate food market in a clean and safe surrounding
- Healthy food managers
Unhygienic Food Handling Methods
- Cross-contamination from raw to ready to eat food
- Unclean surface and wearing of dirty uniforms
- Uncovering food containers
- Not washing utensils and kitchen wares after use.
Effects of Unhygienic Food Handling On Consumers
- It can lead to an outbreak of diseases e.g cholera
- It can result in food contamination and poisoning
- It can cause damage to the nerve system
- Foodborne diseases may lead to long-lasting disability and death.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
We have come to the end of this term. It’s been a remarkable journey and we are glad that you have made it this far. For making it this far, we commend you for being resilient, you have taken charge of your education and future.
The Journey still continues though, we are moving on to Third Term. we hope to meet you there.
Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃