Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Home Economics class, We will be talking about Garment Construction Process. We hope you enjoy the class!
Care of the sewing machine
- Clean it regularly
- Oil it regularly
- Use the right needle
- When not in use, cover with a cloth to protect it from dust
Garment construction process
Terms in garment construction
1) Facing: this is a piece of fabric used to finish edges such as necklines and armholes
Types of facing
- facing cut in with the garment
- Fitting in shaped facing
- necklines and armholes facing
- Decorative facing
2) Hemming: this is the method of finishing a raw edge of a garment using thread and needle.
Types of hemming
- Skirt hemming
- Narrow hemming
- Tailor’s hemming
- Faced hemming
3) Opening: these are features in a garment. They help us to put on and take off our clothes. Examples
- Continuous opening
- Faced slit opening
4) Fastening: they are devices or attached to the opening
- Press studs
- Hook and eye
- Button and loops, etc.
Making of a baby’s dress (9-12 months)
The procedure for making a baby’s dress involves
- Pattern drafting
- Selection and preparation of fabrics.
Students are to practice it.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Food Hygiene and Safety. We are very much eager to meet you there.
LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃