Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Home Economics class, We will be talking about Food Hygiene and Safety. We hope you enjoy the class!
Food is either solid or liquid that after eating has one or more functions to perform in the body.
Food hygiene is a practice if taken care of the various food items before, during and after preparing the meal.
Reasons for healthy food hygiene
- It enables food to be safe from contamination
- It prevents house flies from spreading on the food
- It helps in maintaining good health
- Promotes life span
- Increases appetite
Guidelines for food hygiene
- Wash cooking utensils before and after eating
- Vegetables and fruits should be cleaned of sand or any form of dirt
- use clean plates to serve food
- Wear a clean apron and cover your hair with a clean scarf while cooking
- Don’t use any food if you can’t guarantee it’s freshness
- Perishable food should be kept in the refrigerator
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will continue learning about Food Hygiene and Safety. We are very much eager to meet you there.
Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃