Welcome to JSS3 Second Term!
We are eager to have you join us in class!
In today’s class, We will be discussing Sewing Machine and Garment Construction Processes. We hope you enjoy the class!
TOPIC: SEWING MACHINE AND GARMENT CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
It is an expensive piece of equipment in sewing.
Types of sewing machine
- Manually operated: this is a kind of machine operated by band or feet.
- Hands operated: is used on a table with one free hand to operate it
- Foot-operated: This is similar to the hand-operated sewing machine. It requires the use of the foot before it can work and both hands to adjust the fabric on the machine as it works.
- Electric sewing machine: it has an electric motor attached to it which supplies the power that operates the machine
Parts of a sewing machine
- Spool pin
- thread take-up bar
- needle thread tension bar regulator
- Needle bar
- Bobbing winder
- balance wheel
- Stop motion screw.
Guidelines for choosing a sewing machine
- Make decisions on the kind of sewing to buy
- Decide on the brand eg singer, butterfly, two lions etc
- Consider the cost
- buy a machine with accessories I. e spare parts
- Buy from a good and trusted dealer
- buy a product that is tested and confirmed that it’s functioning
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Sewing Machine and Garment Construction Processes II We are eager to meet you there.Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃