Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Civic Education class, We will be learning about Interpersonal Relationships. We hope you enjoy the class!
An interpersonal relationship is an interaction or association between two or more people in the society. It will be difficult for one to exist in isolation without relating to other people. Interpersonal relationships are therefore essential for human coexistence.
TYPES OF INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIP
- Man and Woman Relationship: This relationship exists between a man and a woman at different levels and for various reasons. This kind of relationship often leads to marriage between a mature man and woman.
- Same Gender Relationship (Man and Man, Woman and Woman): This relationship exists between a man and another man or between a woman and another woman. This relationship lasts long if the people involved have something meaningful to benefit from one another. The basis of this relationship or friendship could be economic, social, religious or otherwise.
- Government and Individual Relationship: This is the relationship that exists between the government and individuals in society. This relationship becomes necessary where the individual has businesses to transact or services to render on behalf of the government.
- Peers Relationship: This is the relationship that exists between people of the same group, age bracket, mates or even colleagues.
- Relationship across Culture/Race: This is the type of relationship that exists between two or more people from different cultural background, language and race.
SKILLS THAT PROMOTE INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIP
- What is an interpersonal relationship?
- Mention five skills of interpersonal relationship.
IMPORTANCE OF INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIP
- It promotes peace in society.
- It encourages the spirit of unity in society.
- It ensures progress and development in society.
- It helps to reduce conflicts in society.
- It ensures law and order in society.
- It promotes a good image of the people.
- It enhances security in society.
- Explain the types of interpersonal relationships.
- Mention any four importance of interpersonal relationships.
- What is youth empowerment?
- Mention any five skills of youth empowerment.
- Define political apathy.
- List five reasons for political apathy in Nigeria.
- Mention five factor that can promote popular participation.
Interpersonal Relationship: Fundamentals of Civic Education for Senior Secondary Book 2, Sola Akinyemi, Pages 103-112.
- Explain how selflessness can promote interpersonal relationship in the society.
- List any three factors that can hinder interpersonal relationship.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be learning about Inter-Communal Relationships. We are very much eager to meet you there.
Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription