Back to: CIVIC EDUCATION SS2
Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Civic Education class, We will be learning about WRoles of Individuals and Government in Maintaining Traffic Regulations. We hope you enjoy the class!
- Obeying traffic rules and regulations.
- Considering other road users and put their safety in mind.
- Obey road signs.
- Obey traffic authorities and agencies.
- People should not destroy roads or road signs in periods of violence.
- Traders should avoid selling along roads and expressways.
- Individuals can also help in controlling traffic especially during periods of traffic congestion.
As part of government efforts to ensure effective implementation of traffic regulations in Nigeria, some agencies have been established both at the federal and state levels to ensure traffic regulations in Nigerian roads. Some of these agencies are Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO), the Transport Department of the Nigerian Police, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), etc.
The Federal Road Safety Commission ensures that the highways are free of obstruction and they educate the public on the proper use of roads. They also determine and enforce speed limits and provide prompt attention to road accident victims.
The VIO inspects vehicles to ensure that they are roadworthy.
The police and traffic wardens help to control traffic on roads in order to reduce congestion. The police also enforce traffic regulations.
LASTMA manages traffic in Lagos State.
Other roles of government include:
- Construction of roads with relevant road signs.
- Ensure traffic lights are erected at strategic locations.
- Funding of traffic agencies for optimum performance.
- Punishment of traffic offenders.
- Enactment of laws to cater to emerging traffic challenges.
- Enlightenment campaign on traffic regulations and signs.
- What are the roles of individuals in maintaining traffic?
- Explain some of the roles of government agencies in traffic regulations.
- Define employment
- What are the causes of unemployment?
- How can unemployment problem be reduced in Nigeria?
- What is HIV/AIDS?
- Differentiate between HIV type I and II.
The Role of Individuals and Government in maintaining Traffic Regulations: Fundamentals of Civic Education for Senior Secondary Book 2, Sola Akinyemi, Pages 89-102.
- List any three areas you think the government needs to do more in maintaining traffic regulations.
- Draw any four road signs and write their meaning.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be learning about Interpersonal Relationships. We are very much eager to meet you there.
How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better? - CLICK to Tell Us Now!
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades on Afrilearn HERE!💃