Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about specialized agencies of U.N.O. Enjoy the class!
Specialized Agencies of U.N.O
- International Labor Organization (ILO): This agency is mainly charged with the protection of workers. It push for rights to work,, encourage decent working condition and protection of employees while working. The ILO has existed since 1946. Other aims are:
- A campaign against child labor.
- Assist in building the standard of living of countries.
- Promotion of economic and social stability.
- Celebrates workers day every 1st of May.
- FAO stands for Food and Agricultural Organization: Its function is to defeat hunger across the world. It also helps to improve global nutrition and food security. Its headquarters is in Rome, Italy. Functions include
- Helps in the production of food.
- Give credit facilities to farmers for agricultural productions.
- Provides advice on food storage and best agricultural practices.
- They also give relief materials to asks in crop production.
- UNESCO: United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization. It was formed on 16 November, 1945 to build global peace, eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue. It aims at building a culture of peace through education for all and creating a life long learning process. It also promote the knowledge of science for sustainable development.
- World Health Organization (WHO): WHO basically help prevent the global pandemic and neath issues across the world. WHO other functions are:
- Assist countries in the fight against HIV and AIDS.
- Carry out researches to provide cure to diseases.
- Help prevents the spread of epidemic infectious diseases.
- Provide information on best ways to stay healthy and maintain healthy living.
- United Nations International Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF):
Functions of UNICEF are
- They give drugs to combat child diseases nationwide.
- They cooperate with the International Labor Organization in the area of occupational health.
- They supply materials to schools nationwide.
- They assist nations in time of emergencies such as natural disasters.
- International Monetary Funds (IMF):
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
- The IMF render financial assistant to member countries
- They render technical assistance to countries by helping them to strengthen their human and institutional capacity
- IMF assesses the economic policies of countries
- IMF collaborates with other institutions of the world such as World Bank, World Trade Organization (WTO), United Nations etc
- They promote exchange rate stability and the expansion of international trade.
The specialized agencies of UNO are set up to carry out specific functions.
- Give the full meaning of ILO
- State two aims of ILO
- What is the meaning of WHO and give two aims of WHO
- Give five challenges of IMF and FAO
- Provide five solutions to these problems stated.
In our next class, we will be talking more about Specialized Agencies of U.N.O. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃