Back to: Agricultural Science Primary 3
Welcome to class, we will be talking about vitamin. I am sure that as you follow up you will enjoy the class.
Vitamins are another class or type of nutrients. It is needed by the body for growth and body development.
Examples of foods that contain vitamins are fruits and vegetables. Other sources are sunlight, milk products and yellow maize.
- Can you recognise some of the fruits and vegetables in the diagram above?
- Mention six different fruits and vegetables you can see in the diagram above.
Importance Of Vitamins
- Vitamins are needed for proper eyesight, for vision.
- They are needed for building strong bones and good teeth
- It is also needed to maintain a clear and healthy skin.
Fruits And Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables give us vitamins and minerals. There are different types of fruits, they include: Bananas, Mangoes, Pears, Garden eggs, Apples, Oranges, Tangerines, Grapes, and so on. We eat fruits as part of our meal, they can be eaten at anytime but most importantly they should be taken before or after meals.
- Mention six fruits that you know. a)———- b)————– c) ————- d) ———– e) ———— f) ————
- Two importance of vitamins are: a) ——————————————————————————- b) ——————————————————————————-
- List four vegetables you know. a)——————– b) ——————– c) ———————- d) ———————
- Most vegetables are ———- in colour a) red b) green. c) purple. d) white
- ——– and ——- gives us vitamins and minerals a) vegetables and fruits. b) water and onions c) meat and fish.
- Lime is a vegetable. Yes or No
we have come to the end of the class. If you have any questions ask using the comment box. Thank you for your time.Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!