Back to: Basic Science Primary 4
Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about balanced diet (adequate diet). Enjoy the class!
In the last lesson, we learnt about food substances, macronutrients, and micronutrients. We also learnt about the various uses of food. The different food substances mentioned are required in varying amounts.
A balanced diet is a food that contains all the six classes or six types of food in adequate proportion. So that the body can grow and develop properly. A balanced diet is one that gives your body the nutrients it needs to function correctly. A healthy diet is one that helps maintain or improve overall health. A healthy diet provides the body with essential nutrition: fluid, macronutrients, micronutrients, and adequate calories.
Components of a balanced diet
In terms of the percentage composition of food substances, a balanced diet should contain.
- 15% of protein
- 15% of fats and oil
- 10% of vitamins, mineral salts, and water.
- 60% of carbohydrates
Importance of a balanced diet
- A balanced diet helps us to resist and fight diseases.
- It encourages growth and normal development of the body.
- It provides the energy required for normal body activities.
- Taking a balanced diet prevents malnutrition.
- What is a balanced diet?
- What are the food substances that must be contained in a balanced diet?
- State 3 importance of a balanced diet.
In our next class, we will be talking about Harmful Food. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better - CLICK to Tell Us💃
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades & Academic Success💃