Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about changes in plant. Enjoy the class!
Changes in Plant
In the last lesson, we looked at what change means. We mentioned two types of changes and differentiated between them. We also mentioned examples of each type of change.
In this lesson, we would be looking at the different changes that take place in plants.
Observe what happens to a plant when wind is blowing, during intense sun and after a heavy downpour.
Write down your observation and share with a friend,
Changes in plants
Various changes take place in plants during different stages of growth. Various changes also take place in different parts of plants at different times.
Let us take a look at some of these changes.
The seeds of a plant when planted in the soil go through several changes and eventually germinate into a young seedling. As the seedling develops, it becomes a young plant and then a big tree.
The plant also changes to produce flowers and fruits. The fruits too change to become ripened and ready to be eaten by man and other animals. Most of these changes are permanent changes. However, plants undergo some temporary changes such as when the wind blows the leaves and the branches are seen to make movements in different directions. Also, when a Plant is kept in a dark place with only one source of light penetrating, it can be observed that the plant will bend towards the source of light.
Plants or parts of plants too can wither and die off. These are examples of permanent changes.
Changes in plants during food processing
- Cassava can be changed to garri or cassava flour
- Corn, wheat, and millet can be changed to flour and then used for baking.
- Yam can be made into pounded yam etc.
- Mention four permanent changes that can take place in plants.
- Mention some temporary changes that can be seen in plants during the dry season.
- Mention three parts of plants and list three changes each that can take place in those parts.
- Mention some plants and the changes they go through during food processing.
In our next class, we will be talking about Changes in Animals. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃