Back to: Basic Science Primary 4
Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about energy. Enjoy the class!
Forms of Energy
In previous classes, we have come across energy in all its forms. We know we need energy for various activities. We will focus on acquainting ourselves with the concept of energy and forms of energy.
Concept of energy
Energy is the capacity for doing work. The ultimate source of energy is the sun. energy exists in many forms. Which include heat energy or thermal energy, light energy. Potential energy, kinetic energy, mechanical energy, electric energy, chemical energy, sound energy etc.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can only be converted from one form to another. While energy is being converted from form to form there will be a decrease as some are lost to the environment
Plant and animals require energy to carry out daily activities, hence the need for energy
There can be no life without energy. Human beings and animals need the energy to carry themselves about. Energy is needed for breathing, digestion and other things. This energy is obtained from the food we have eaten. We get food from plants and animals, but the primary source of food is the plants. Plants in turn require energy to manufacture the food. They get this energy from the sun. They use the energy to manufacture food; a process called Photosynthesis.
- The process whereby plant manufacture food is called —–
- Plant use energy from ……. To make their food.
Uses of energy
- Solar energy is required by plants to make food and other plant materials
- Wood and coal energy is required to produce heat for cooking food and for warmth.
- Electrical energy is used for cooking, cooling, heating, lighting and so on.
- Nuclear energy is used to generate electricity.
- Chemical and mechanical energy is used for transportation.
- Wind energy is used to sailboats.
- What is energy?
- List five forms of energy
- —— is the ultimate source of energy
- State the laws of thermodynamics.
We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better - CLICK to Tell Us💃
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades & Academic Success💃