Back to: Basic Science Primary 4
Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking more about growing plants. Enjoy the class!
Growing Plants II
To grow healthy plants certain steps need to be taken. In the last lesson, we learnt about conditions that are required to grow plants are air, water, nutrients, and good soil.
In today’s lesson, we shall be exploring steps taking in preparing the soil for planting as well as nurturing the plant until it is fully grown.
Healthy soil is the basis of healthy plants and a healthy environment. When garden soil is in good shape there is less need for fertilizers or pesticides. To prepare the soil for planting.
- Improve the soil: Healthy soil is the basis of healthy plants and a healthy environment. When garden soil is in good shape there is less need for fertilizers or pesticides.
- Tilling the soil: The soil should be tilled as deeply as possible, at least 8 to 10 inches. Deep tilling loosens the soil, it allows air to go into it and lets vegetable roots go deeper.
- Row preparation: Rows. beds and ridges.
- Adding fertilizers or manure
- Planting the crops.
- After planting, water the plants
- Constantly remove weeds so the plants get enough nutrients from the soil.
- Observe your potted plant and remove any growing weed
Planting and nurturing a plant
When planting a crop or flower, care must be taken all through the process. The plant must also be well nurtured. The following are ways to ensure our plants are nurtured.
- We must ensure the plant is well watered at all times.
- Ensuring that the soil is constantly aerated i.e. having an adequate supply of air.
- The area around the plant must be constantly weeded.
- Mulching should be done. Mulching is the process of covering bare garden soil with a porous material to improve the condition of the soil underneath.
- Mention ways by which we can care for and nurture our plants
- Explain the term Mulching.
In our next class, we will be talking about Plants (Weeds). We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better - CLICK to Tell Us💃
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades & Academic Success💃