Back to: Social Studies Primary 5
We are going to continue with Housing by looking at the features of Adequate Housing.
Features of Adequate Housing
- Proper and adequate ventilation
- The structure must be strong
- It should be spacious
- It should be well lighted
- It should have adequate number of rooms for the size of the family
- It should meet the special needs of the handicapped members of the family.
Differences in the Housing Needs of Urban and Rural Settlements
- Land availability: There is more lands in the rural areas than in the urban areas.
- Cost: Land is cheaper in rural areas than in the urban areas.
- Housing needs of urban dwellers is higher than that of the rural areas.
- Availability of building materials in the urban areas than the rural areas.
- The houses in the rural areas are simply constructed unlike those in the urban areas.
- People in urban areas have access to fund to build than people in the rural areas.
Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!