Back to: Social Studies Primary 5
A disaster is an unexpected thing that happens which causes a lot of damage or kills a lot of people.
Types of Disaster
- Natural Disaster: These are caused by nature.
- Unnatural Disaster/Artificial Disaster: These are caused by actions of human beings and animals.
Causes of Natural Disaster
- Overflowing of river
- Heavy rainstorm
- Blocked drainage
- Climate change like global warming
- Deforestation-excessive cutting of trees
Effects of Natural Disaster on Life and Property
- Destruction of farm lands
- Destruction of houses
- Loss of lives of the people and animals.
- Blocking of communication and transportation
- Economic loss
How to Control/Prevent Natural Disaster
- Planting of trees and crops
- Provision of free flow of drainage
- Provision of boreholes
- Reduction of number of animal grazing
- Reduction of mechanized farming
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!