NATIONAL WATER SUPPLY II
Why Water is Sometimes Scares
- Climate change
- Burst pipe
- Irregular supply of electricity
- Plant failure
Consequences of Water Shortage in Nigeria
- Outbreak of water borne diseases such as cholera, typhoid, etc.
- People labor and spend time in search of water.
- Inadequate supply of electricity because water is used to generate hydro-electricity.
How to Solve the Problem of Water Shortage
- Sink more bore holes.
- People should avoid wastage of water.
- People should avoid dumping refuse in rivers.
- Government should install modern facilities for water corporations.
- Government should supply enough funds for the water corporations.
- People should dig wells at home.
- There should be more steady water supply.
- Slow population growth.
Population Growth and Water Supply
- Increase in population growth leads to increase in demand for water.
- Available water supply becomes inadequate and so creates the need for more water