TOPIC: God creates and wants us to create
TEXT: Genesis 1: 1 – 30
God is the creator of heaven and earth. (Gen. 1:1). He carefully fashioned mankind in His own image. He is the sustainer of everything He has created.
Things created by God (Genesis 1: 3 – 27)
On the first day, God created light.
On the second day, He created the firmament i.e. the sky.
On the third day, God created the land and seas. Again He created vegetation – plants and trees.
On the fourth day, God created the Heavenly Bodies ( sun, moon and stars).
On the fifth day, He created living creatures of the sea and birds of the air.
On the sixth day, God created creeping creatures – animals after their own kind. He also created man in His image on the same day.
On the seventh day, God rested from all work, blessed the seventh day and made it holy!
The story of creation ( Genesis 1: 1 – 30)
In the beginning, everything and everywhere was in darkness and empty. The sun, the moon, earth were not yet created. The spirit of God was moving over the earth.
Then God created the earth and everything in it. He did it in seven days. He created it with the words of mouth. He created everything in six days and rested on the seventh day.
- The lesson reminds us of God’s existence and love towards mankind.
- Teaches us about God’s power ( Omnipotent)
- Tells us about God’s presence ( Omnipresent)
- The lesson teaches us about God’s creative ability.
- Which of these did God create first? Firmament, living creatures, light.
- What was man made from? Plants, dust,
- What did God call the firmament? Heaven, land, air.
- What important principle did God establish by the creation of man and woman? Love for others, working together, marriage for life.
ANSWER: Working together
LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃