It’s good to have you back in class today. Welcome.
What do you think are the reasons your parents work?
TOPIC: Why we should work
TEXT: Genesis 1: 28 – 30, Genesis 3: 17, 2 Thessalonians 3: 3 – 13
To earn a living
According to the Bible verses stated above, God wants us to work, He does not want us to be idle. When we work, we will be paid for the work or services rendered. It will be very easy for us to meet all our needs and all the needs of our family members and relative.
To take care of our needs
Some of the needs we may take care of in the family are:
Other bills etc.
- It is bad to be lazy
- Laziness leads to begging
- Idleness leads to temptation by the devil, if care is not taken, may lead to sin.
- A poverty striking family may be raised if the head of the home is not earning a living.
- Children may be abused and become wayward.
- Lack of inheritance
- Why should we work?
ANSWER: We work to earn a living.
- Will a jobless person have enough to care for the member of his family?
- ANSWER: No
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃