Welcome to class, I hope you enjoyed the last class. Today we will be talking about the care of the mouth, teeth, and tongue. Follow me closely and you will understand what we are about to talk about.
Your teeth can affect your health and appearance. A set of clean, strong and healthy teeth can make you look attractive. The teeth are also useful foe chewing most of the food you eat, thereby aiding digestion.
Human beings grow two set of teeth. The first is the milk or temporary teeth during childhood. These are 24 in numbers. They loosen and fall out. They are replaced by the permanent teeth in adulthood. The permanent teeth are usually 32 in numbers.
Parts of the mouth
Functions of the Mouth, Teeth and Tongue
- We talk and eat with our mouth
- We break food into pieces with our teeth
- We taste with our tongue
Reasons for Cleaning the Mouth, Teeth and Tongue
- We clean the teeth so that it will not be dirty and smelly
- So that the teeth will not decay
Materials Used For Cleaning the Teeth
- Chewing stick
Methods of cleaning the Mouth, Teeth and Tongue
- The teeth should be cleaned inside and outside and in upward and downward movement.
- Use brush to remove dirt from in between the teeth.
- Rinse your mouth properly after each meal, especially after eating sweet things.
- Do not pick your teeth with sharp instruments such as pins, needles, etc.
- Exercise your teeth by eating fairly hard food like maize, carrots, coconuts, etc.
- Do not eat sweet or highly sweet foods which cause tooth or dental decay.
- Avoid extreme hot and cold food
Local Preparation For the Care of Teeth
- Salt and chewing stick
- Charcoal and salt
- Describe how to care for the mouth.
Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription