Welcome to class, I hope you enjoyed the last class. Today we will be talking about the care of the nails. Follow me closely and you will understand what we are about to talk about.
Functions of The Nails
- Nails beautify the fingers and toes
- For the scratching of the body
- To pick small and tiny things off the floor like pins, needles
Tools For Cleaning The Nails
- Razor blade
- Nail file
- Nail scissors
Use of Personal Tools
Using things or materials used by other people to cut nails could put one at the risk of getting infected with HIV. So don’t share tools with others.
Dangers of Keeping Long Nails
- Long nails hide germs
- Long nails can cut skin
- Long nails can injure other people
Care of the Nails
- Trim the finger nails regularly to keep them short and rounded.
- The white crescent around the bottom of the nails should be kept clean and prominent.
- Do not use the teeth for trimming the nails. Use a pair of scissors, a nail file or razor blade.
- Remove any dirt that accumulates under the nails carefully using a soft finger nail brush and any other suitable material.
- Do not use any pointed sharp object beneath the nails for cleaning it.
- Give the finger nails special cleaning after working in the farm.
Care of the hair
Your hair is one of your greatest assets. Healthy and well-groomed hair helps to improve your personal appearance. The condition of your hair depends on such factors as food, heredity, and proper care. It is therefore important that you take good care of your hair.
The kind of care required by your hair depends on its type.
Types of Hair
- Soft hair
- Coarse hair
- Long hair
- Short hair
- Artificial hair
- Natural hair
- Oily or greasy hair
- Tough hair
Materials Used For Caring For The Hair
- Hair brush
- Hair cream
How to Care For The Hair
- Cut the hair low regularly
- Wash the hair daily with soap and water
- Oil the hair
- Comb or brush the hair everyday
- Females should plait or weave hair into different styles
Causes of hair infection are
- Neglecting rules of hygiene
Types of Hair Infection
Effect of Sharing Unsterilised Instruments When Barbing Hair
- Risk of contracting HIV/AIDS
- List three types of hair.
- Mention two materials required for care of the hair.
This is the end of the class.
Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃