Welcome to class, I hope you enjoyed the last class. Today we will be talking about the classification foodstuffs. Follow me closely and you will understand what we are about to talk about.
The food we eat can be classified into the following groups. They are:
- Body building group
- Energy giving foods
- Protective food
Body Building Food: They are food we eat that helps to build and repair the body tissues. e.g. milk, fish, meat
Energy Giving Food: They are food we eat that give us warmth and energy to perform our daily activities such as cleaning of the home and surroundings, exercise, among others. e.g. yam, cocoyam, rice, garri
Protective Food: They are food we eat that help to protect the body against diseases or infection e.g. fruits
Functions of food
- Carbohydrate supply heat and energy for work and play
- Protein builds the body and repair the body worm out tissues
- Vitamins help the body to fight disease
- Minerals keep the body in good working condition
- Fats and oil keep the body warm and gives energy
- Water it aid digestion. It also regulate body temperature
- State the three food groups we have.
- Give three examples of each food groups.
- Mention three functions of the food we eat.
we have come to the end of today’s class. If you have any question ask using the comment. Thank you for following me.Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription