Welcome to class, I hope you enjoyed the last class. Today we will be talking about food belonging to various food groups. Follow me closely and you will understand what we are about to talk about.
Food is a substance, either liquid or solid that gives the essential nutrients to the body. Food is any edible substance either liquid or solid which when eaten is used by the body to maintain life. It is not everything that goes to the mouth that is edible. We need to eat good food to stay healthy.
The food we eat can belong to two or more groups. Examples are:
- Fish, eggs, and meat belongs to both body building and protective group
- Milk belongs to body building, energy giving foods
- Tomatoes belong to protective and energy giving foods
- Soya bean belongs to energy giving and body building food
- Guinea corn belongs to energy giving food and protective food.
- State the three food groups we have.
- Give three examples of each food groups.
- Mention three functions of the food we eat.
we have come to the end of today’s class. If you have any question ask using the comment. Thank you for following me.For more class notes, homework help, exam practice, download our App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE