Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Social Studies class, We will continue our lessons on Science, Technology and Society as we focus on Break down of appliances. We hope you enjoy the class!
Breakdown of Appliances
Wrong uses of electrical home appliances may cause the appliances to develop fault or malfunction and it poses a great danger to man. Most of these home appliances are powered by electricity, therefore, they could breakdown at any time.
There is a need for us to be careful when using these home appliances in order to prevent the dangers we have discussed in lesson 3.
What could lead to the breakdown of home appliances?
Correct Ways of Using Electrical Home Appliances
To prevent the dangers of using home appliances and be free from being a victim of the negative effects of their wrong uses, these are the correct ways of using electrical home appliances.
- Caring for the appliances.
- Regular maintenance of the home appliances.
- Do not use wet hands to plug any electrical appliances.
- Repair or replace immediately any fault.
- Refer to any repair work to the professionals or experts.
- Read and understand the instruction manual before using the appliances.
Identify the correct ways of using electrical home appliances.
GENERAL EVALUATION QUESTIONS/REVIEW QUESTIONS
- What is another name for Muslim marriage?
- Mention five advantages of living together in the family.
- What are the things that bind members of a family together?
- Identify five importance of good family reputation.
- What is the primary source of value?
Macmillan Social Studies Book 2 by M.A. Orebanjo, I.O Osokoya et-al Pages 78 – 81.
- All the following are correct ways of using electrical appliances except A. Don’t care for the appliances B. Refer any repair work to the experts C. repair or replace immediately any fault D. Care for the appliances.
- Electric shock throwing off user resulting in a broken bone is called ________ A. Burns B. Dislocation C. fracture D. Scald.
- Fire burning from gas cookers will result in a ________ A. Fracture B. Burns C. scald D. Dislocation.
- ______ is the ultimate result of wrong use of electrical appliances A. Injury B. Burns C. death D. Dislocation.
- Which of the home appliances is used to wash dishes and utensils? A. Dishwasher B. Stove C. blender D. Toaster.
- Explain how electrical home appliances can be wrongly used.
- What are the correct ways of using electrical home appliances?
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Assertiveness. We are very much eager to meet you there.
Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription