Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s English Language class, We will be reading the Comprehension: The Forbidden Fruit. We hope you enjoy the class!
“The Forbidden thing”
- Summary of the comprehension passage
- Questions on the passage
The passage is a playlet with three characters only- Ogwuoma, Uloko and Odubei. Ogwuoma is a widow who is mourning the death of her husband, Adigwu. However, she has a lover Uloko, who comes to see her during her mourning period. Odubei, Ogwuoma’s mother-in-law stood against their love.
Evaluation: Do practice 3 on page 21 and 22.
Reading Assignment: Read more about the play in Zulu Sofola’s Wedlock of the Gods
Weekend Assignment: Do test for continuous Assessment on page 33 of the Effective English book 3 (Number 1 only)
GENERAL EVALUATION/REVISION QUESTIONS
- Use a suitable word to fill each of the blanks below.
- “Please give me some water,” he —————–
- “Yes I would like some tea, thank you,” Mrs Dike —————-
- “I’m always the one to do the cleaning up,” Yaro——————-
- They —————, “what? How dare he be so rude!”
- He —————–, “I was late because my car broke down.”
- Give the meanings and make sentences with the following words.
Swagger, totter, tiptoe, shuffle, roam
- Identify the sounds underlined:
Bad, legal, said, Geoffrey and greedy
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be working on our Grammer as we learn about Phrases and Clauses. We are very much eager to meet you there.
Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription